the Chor-Minor Madrassah, which was built in 1807 by Khalif Niazkul. He built the madrassah with a cozy courtyard and a pond, a summer mosque, and a four-turret building opening into the architectural complex. Char-Minar means “the four minarets”. It draws attention to itself with its unusual architectural solution, the main focus of which is the four turrets with their sky blue cupolas, which have nothing in common with ordinary minarets.
The cube shaped building is crowned with a slightly flattened cupola, it is without any architectural decor and is finished in ordinary brick. Its facade is partially engulfed by a disproportionaly large arched portal against which the corner turrets are pressed, and only cupolas ornamented with glazed tile bands of geometrical figures. The four sky-blue cupolas look majestic and beautiful against the background of the cloudless sky. Among the one-storey buildings of old Bukhara, the original beauty of Char-Minar is a pleasant addition to the skyline of the city.